And who wants to sit and read a long, boring post about my childhood, or current idiosyncrasies, or latest obsession when they’re staring down the BEST part of the weekend (as previously stated in blogs such as this one)? Not me, that’s who, and I’m guessing that we might be in the same boat. So instead of the usual narcissism, here is a freebie – an easy, delicious, healthy, flexible recipe that will have you slurping some red curry noods before you can say “Tommy, don’t eat that Tide Pod!”. Enjoy your weekend, folks!
One Pot Red Curry Noodles with Chicken
- May 4, 2018
- 4 Servings
- 25 min
- Print this
- 1 T oil
- 1 inch of ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T red curry paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T chili garlic paste (sambal)
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 T fish sauce
- 14 oz package of rice noodles (I used Ka Me stir fry rice noodles)
- Garnishes: shredded cabbage, carrots, lime wedges, chopped peanuts, fresh herbs
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a saucepan set over medium-high.
- Step 2
- When oil begins to shimmer, add ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant – about 30 seconds.
- Step 3
- Add curry paste and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Step 4
- Add chicken and season with salt.
- Step 5
- Cook chicken, stirring frequently, until it is no longer pink – about 5 minutes.
- Step 6
- Add coconut milk, bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 7
- Add brown sugar, chili garlic paste, lime juice, fish sauce, and noodles. Stir to combine and break up noodles, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Step 8
- Season to taste.
- Step 9
- Serve with as many garnishes as you’d like!